Bluetooth, a wireless alternative to data cables, created in 1994. This technology allows transferring data between devices without any cable connection. Now days, there are many devices having this technology and it needs to transfer data or receive from other devices, especially from the computer. If you connect your devices to your computer, it works like other peripheral devices. ?Pairing is necessary for different electronic devices to work wirelessly. We can consider an example of pairing a Bluetooth mouse with the computer or connecting your favorite wireless headset to your living room PC.
Adding a Bluetooth support for Desktop:
Generally desktops do not have any Bluetooth integrated hardware. We can add Bluetooth support for desktops by using Bluetooth dongles. Do not worry, because these devices are very cheap. One can easily buy a Bluetooth dongle from different online stores such as Amazon at a very cheap rate. Meanwhile, the price can be as little as 1.5$. Plugging in the Bluetooth dongle to a USB port of your desktop will open a Bluetooth radio. Which will eventually, allow the communication of Bluetooth devices.
Adding a Bluetooth support for Laptops:
Most of the modern laptops have Bluetooth hardware integrated inside. Considering the rare case of a laptop not having a Bluetooth device integrated, we can use a Bluetooth dongle for saving the situation. The steps are same as adding Bluetooth support for desktops.
Two steps are necessary for connecting a Bluetooth device with a windows PC.
- You have to add a Bluetooth adapter to your computer if your computer does not have any. Laptop computers generally have built in Bluetooth adapter. Now, turn on the Bluetooth adapter. If you do not know how to turn it on, please see the manual given to the device or go to the manufacturer’s website.
- Setup your Bluetooth device in such a way that your computer can find your device.
To do this setting
- Turn on our Bluetooth adapter on your device.
- Set our device?s visibility to everyone (discovery mode).
Only after setting up your Bluetooth device like this your computer will able to find your device. Sometimes this situation is called pairing mode. When devices are in pairing mode, it is ready to pair with your computer.
Many Bluetooth devices are always in discovery mode, like Bluetooth headset and other devices which will desperately need to start its discovery mode.
To add a Bluetooth enabled device
After putting your devices on discovery mode and setting up Bluetooth adapter on a computer, you are now ready to connect your computer and Bluetooth device. Adding a Bluetooth enabled device will simply require following steps.
- First, go to Control Panel. You can either find the control panel on the Start menu or by searching manually.
- In Control panel, click on Devices and Printers. Sometimes this option is found under Hardware and Sound. ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
- Then click on Add a Device, wait for few second to find your device.
- Now, click on the device that you desire to connect with your windows computer and click on Next. ?
Most Bluetooth devices need to pair with the computer. For this reason, the computer can ask a pair code before exchanging data with Bluetooth enabled devices. You have to enter the pairing code to start exchanging the data.
To add a Bluetooth enabled printer
To add a Bluetooth enabled printer following steps are required to be taken.
- Firstly, go to Control Panel.
- In Control panel, click on Devices and Printers.
- Click on Add a Printer; wait for few second to find your device. ? ? ? ??
- Now, click on the Printer name that you want to connect with your windows computer and click on Next.